Saturday 9 August 2014

The Liebster Award!


Hey everyone! Jeez, it's been ages since I've posted on here, and for that I am very sorry *slaps wrists*. I do have an excuse though! I've basically been on 3 holidays in the last month, with occasional free days in between each one which were needed for packing again and stocking up on last minute holiday essentials. So hopefully you forgive me? I also have a long list of blog posts that I will be writing up in the next week or so, which include my holiday adventures and various hauls, so I will definitely make it up to you.

So, back to todays post! I have been nominated by the lovely Shonagh from Shonagh Scribbles for the Liebster Award! Thank youuuuu! Check out her fantastic blog at http://shonaghscribbles.blogspot.ie/ and make sure you follow her!

The Liebster Award Rules:

- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you (so in this case Shonagh!)
- Nominate other blogs (newbies who have under 200 followers) and ask them 11 new questions

Simples!

So here we go!

11 Random Facts About Me:

1. I've never ordered chicken at Nando's! I'm not weird I promise!
2. I absolutely love cocktails and my favourite is Pina Colada.
3. Too much PDA really irritates me.
4. I plan to move to America at some point in my life!
5. I find anything to do with the Holocaust so interesting and I love movies based on it.
6. I've already picked out my kids names!
7. I have two tattoos, and want more!
8. I would do anything to own a little pet sloth. Awwww!
9. I'm becoming more and more of an emotional wreck as I get older.
10. I love mashed potato.
11. My dream job is being a fashion photographer for a well-known fashion magazine.

Shonagh's Questions:

1. What did you want to be 'when you were older', as a child? - For ages when I was younger I was certain that I wanted to be a Forensic Scientist! Even now, the idea of being a crime scene investigator and being able to use Forensics to solve a crime just fascinates me!

2. Favourite seasonal holiday of the year? - Out of them all, it's got to be Christmas! It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! Wrapping up and watching Christmas movies by the fire is definitely my thing. Although the fact that they start advertising Christmas stuff in September annoys me, because it takes away some of the magic!

3. Who are your style icons? - I have so many! I love The Olsen Twins and their style, and how effortless their looks can be. However, I mainly just take snippets of loads of peoples style and look at how I can incorporate it into my wardrobe. I do have a major style crush on YouTuber Claire Marshall. Her clothes, her hair, her tattoos... I'm seriously in love.

4. Trends you are currently loving for SS14? - I know this isn't very appropriate for spring and summer in some peoples eyes, but I just can't get enough of monochrome fashion! My wardrobe at the moment is very black and white, with splashes of grey. Not very girly!

5. Go-to make-up brand? - Even though it is pricey, it's got to be MAC. Everything I use from there never disappoints me, and I think it's worth the price tag.

6. Ultimate celebrity crush? - I'm going to be generic here and say Ryan Gosling. But do you blame me? He's a hot piece of ass! I'm also going to throw in a couple of major girl crushes I have; Iggy Azalea, Ellie Goulding and Shailene Woodley.

7. Any hobbies outside of blogging? - You may have already guessed due to what course I study at University, but I love fashion photography and anything fashion related. I'm also a pretty dedicated YouTube follower, I can spend hours watching my favourite fashion/beauty YouTubers.

8. Biggest fear? - SPIDERS. Without a doubt. I hate everything about them. But it's weird because if a money spider is on me I don't flinch; probably because they're so cute and small. But if I see a house spider, I literally have a mini panic attack and cry like I'm being chased by a murderer. Not cool when you're surrounded by people!

9. Dream vacation spot? - The Hilton Hotel in Bora Bora. It is my aim to visit and stay at this hotel at one point in my life. It is absolutely beautiful and truly is paradise.

10. Favourite designers? - I have quite a few, but at the moment a firm favourite is definitely Balmain. I love everything in their collections and I have a major weakness for tailoring and structured fashion so it definitely floats my boat!

11. If you were granted one wish, what would it be? - This is a tough one! If I was being selfish I would wish that I could be a size 8 and eat anything I wanted without putting any weight on! But realistically, I would probably wish for something a bit more thoughtful. Something like, wishing that everyone could live in a world where their lives weren't dictated by money and problems; where everyone could be equal and carefree with no hate or war. Woah, did I go a bit deep there? Sorry! Haha!

My Questions:

1. If you had a dinner party and could invite any 5 guests (dead or alive) who would they be?
2. What is your favourite song?
3. What is your favourite movie?
4. What beauty product could you not live without?
5. What past/current trend do you really dislike?
6. Any phobias?
7. Where do you hope to see yourself in 10 years time?
8. Favourite TV shows?
9. Name one fashion/beauty item that you desperately want.
10. Best childhood memory?
11. What inspired you to start a blog?

I was nominated by Shonagh and you can find her blog here: http://shonaghscribbles.blogspot.ie/

I nominate these fabulous bloggers:


Let me know on Twitter when you've done it girls! (@_laurenhunter)

Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment