Thursday 3 July 2014

Nair Facial Wax Strips

So here it is.. my first proper blog post! However, I'm probably going to embarrass myself when I tell you that I'm reviewing some facial hair waxing strips. Yes, I occasionally have to wax my lip, and I know I'm not the only one girls! It's an annoying disadvantage about being female. If men grow their facial hair it's seen as rugged and sexy, but this is definitely not the case with women (even though I'm quite glad because I don't think I'd suit a moustache or beard!). So, lets start from the beginning. I can't remember how old I was when I first got my lip waxed, but I'm guessing it was early teens? I knew once I had it done, I'd never look back. I always lose count of how many times I stroke my upper lip after a lip wax. It's so smooth!! So yeah, I got into the habit of having it done every now and again at my local beauty salon. They always did an excellent job and I was always happy with the results. However, after starting University, I had to face the fact that I needed to find a new salon, since I was in a new city. I always seemed to forget, so just had to wait until I visited back home to get it done. But this all changed when one of my best friends Laura visited me in Southampton and showed me a product I now can't live without. We went shopping in town and took a little trip to Poundland. Personally, I normally shop in Poundland to get supplies for house parties and nights out, but never for beauty products. She picked up some 'Nair Facial Wax Strips' and yes, you guessed it, they were only £1. That night she had the lovely job of waxing my lip - what are friends for right?! Honestly, I was amazed with the results, as I wasn't expecting them to do a great job. There wasn't a hair in sight! What made me even more happy is that to achieve the results only 2 strips had been used. In the packet, there are 16 wax strips. And each strip splits into two, so when I say 2 strips there are actually 4? I hope I'm making sense. When I got my lip waxed at salons, I used to pay around £8, so these strips are a real bargain, and you get a lot of use from one box.



Nair Facial Wax Strips, Poundland, £1.


To use, you simply have to put one of the strips in between your hands and rub them together to create heat, which as a result causes the wax to become tacky. Then peel the strip apart, and you have two waxing strips ready to go! Just press the waxing strip onto the desired area, leave for around 5-10 seconds and then, in the opposite direction of the hair growth, quickly pull off. I'd definitely recommend these to everyone! You can use the waxing strips on other facial areas of course, not just your upper lip!
Let me know if you try them!




No comments:

Post a Comment