Sunday 24 August 2014

Review: KISS Gel Dress in 'My Space'*


Hey! Today's post will be a review of KISS Gel Dress Nail Strips*. I was recently sent a sample of these gel strips and I was excited to give them a try as I have never used gel strips before! The design is called 'My Space', which is basically a gradient glitter design where the tips of the nails are dense with silver glitter which then fade down into a nude colour. 


To use these gel strips, and achieve the best results, it is recommended that the strips are used along side a gel top coat which is set with an LED Gel Lamp. This will ensure your gel strips will last considerably longer than if you used a normal top coat nail varnish.


When opening the product, you are provided with a variety of gel strips in different sizes. To make the whole process easier I found it helped to match which strip size you were going to use before starting. I decided to use the full strips, but the product also offers the option of having just french tips in the chosen design (the smaller strips). So basically there are two applications in each pack!


The image above shows the process of applying the gel strips to your nails. Apply the strip just above (not on) the cuticle and smooth away from the centre. Fold the strip over the edge of your nail and use the mini file (included in the box) to file away the excess! Simple! I found the whole process very quick and easy and was very pleased with how they look.


Woo! One hand finished! The instructions recommend that you apply the thumb nail strips last, but I did these first (whoops!). However, I didn't feel like it changed the outcome, but I guess if the instructions say that you may as well apply them last!


Once they were all applied, I used the KISS Double-up Top Gel*. One thing I recommend when using a gel top coat, or any gel nail varnish, is to not use too much. If you get excess gel at the sides and bottom of your nail it can really ruin the clean look that you want. It can also cause the gel to peel off more easily, so definitely use it very sparingly. The gel strips come with a small manicure stick so this is useful for cleaning up the edges.


Once I had applied my top coat, I cured the nails under my KISS Led Gel Lamp* for 60 seconds (I do the thumb nails separately).


And voila! We're finished! I really like the outcome and my nails look so pretty! Overall I found the whole process very easy, which was a relief because I thought I'd definitely do something wrong. I will definitely be purchasing some more of these in different patterns. They're great for special occasions, or if you just want to have jazzy nails! 

You can find all of the products mentioned in this post at:


Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment